Show press releases - Archives
Vinisud 2016 press kit
- The showcase for the world’s leading wine region which accounts for more than 53% of world production and 63% of global trade. Already, we have virtually matched the number of exhibitors at the 2014 event (1,640 registrations to date). 48% ONLY exhibit at Vinisud. We are anticipating exhibitor numbers to rise by around 6%, with a large increase in Mediterranean producers particularly from Spain and Italy.
- A huge diversity of wines with each region/country boasting its own distinct wine identity that meets the demand from professionals: wholesalers, importers, agents, trading groups and also wineries, retailers, restaurateurs/hoteliers, sommeliers, experts and journalists. Thousands of nuggets just waiting to be discovered exclusively at Vinisud, with more than 26,000 products to choose from.
- The Palais Méditerranéen, a self-service tasting area unique throughout the world, where you can compare more than 2,500 samples at your leisure. It is a wonderful resource tool. This concept, deployed for the first time in 2000 at Vinisud, is now a feature of other exhibitions.
- Monday 15 February – 2.45pm - Room in front of the VIP PRESS room – South Entrance – Halls B
La Cuvée Confidences – Un rosé Haute Couture
By Frédérique Olivié - Château le Bouïs
- Monday 15 February – 3.00pm - Sud de France booth
- Tuesday 16 February – 9am/9.45 – Room in front of the VIP PRESS room – South Entrance – Halls B
Boost its export network with the set of a premium relationship
With Ari Gorenstein, buyer/co founder of EVINO – Brésil
By Pascale Ferranti & Julien Censier - Adhesion Group
- Tuesday 16 February – 11am - Hall A2C51 Room VIP
The resistant grapes
With Jacques Gravegeal, Président du Syndicat des Producteurs de Vin de Pays d'Oc
- Tuesday 16 February – 11am/noon - Room in front of the VIP PRESS room – South Entrance Halls B
Le renouveau Sauternes : un partenariat d'envergure entre la Cave du Marmandais et la Cave Sauternes Vignerons, un produit insolite à clé!
By Cave du Marmandais & Cave Sauternes Vignerons
Mediterranean producers exchange with the world!
Located at the heart of the vineyards in the Mediterranean, the largest wine production and export region in the world, VINISUD is the perfect time to discover and rediscover the wonderful diversity of wines from countries around the Mediterranean: France, Italy, Spain, Greece, Lebanon, Tunisia, Morocco...
Over 1,700 exhibitors, small to large scale producers, winegrowers, wineries and wine merchants passionately showcase their terroirs and array of appellations! At Vinisud, there's no such thing as standardised tastes; buyers from across the globe come to sample new vintages and unearth little-known quality wines that can often turn out to be real finds!
- More than 26,000 product lines to explore at stands
- Over 2,500 products to taste and compare at your leisure at the Mediterranean Palace.
VINISUD 2014 testimonies
Extracts from interviews with well-known professionals conducted by the specialist wine agency SOWINE during VINISUD 2014
- Gérard Bertrand, President of the Gérard Bertrand estates:
"We are ardent supporters of this exhibition which in my view has now achieved a high level of maturity… and since we produce wines every year, I feel the exhibition should also take place every year to attract people from all over the world." "VINISUD 2014 looks set to be a very good vintage for us."
- Alexandre They, President of the AOC Corbières Communications Committee:
"At the moment things are going very well on the business front... It's non-stop action."
- Gérard Sanson, Managing Director of the Roussillon Wine Council (CIVR):
"I've found that we’ve made a lot of really useful contacts".
- Philippe Guigal, Managing Director of Guigal & Œnologue:
"It's all very positive. We are in the adjacent hall, the Rhône Valley hall which is really dynamic. I feel this is an exhibition that's really starting to gain momentum at the international level. I see it as an extremely important event that is worthy of recognition."
- Jean-Michel Guiraud, Communications Director at Inter Rhône:
"In our view, VINISUD is the No. 1 trade fair. VINISUD is a showcase for Mediterranean wines. There are around 350 exhibitors from the Rhône. At our 1500m2 stand, we have a core representation from the regional profession, along with masterclasses which since this morning have proved a great success... Professionals really value them."
- Rebecca Palmer, buyer for Corney & Barrow:
"It's a great opportunity to see our partners and at the same time check out what there is here. This year's VINISUD was quite simply an unmissable event."